The inaugural International Travel & Tourism Awards will shine a light on the Best Tourism Marketing Agencies out there from around the globe, highlighting outstanding and thought provoking campaigns that are truly leading the way in the industry and achieving fantastic results.
Out of the 18 excellent entries that entered this category, five companies stood out to the panel of expert industry judges and have been shortlisted, and are now in with a chance of being crowned Best Tourism Marketing Agency at this prestigious event.
The winners will be announced to an audience of more than 500 leading industry figures during a glamorous awards ceremony at London’s Grade I-listed Tobacco Dock, not far from WTM London’s ExCeL venue (Tuesday 6 November).
- Brighter Group, A Finn Partners Company created the ExtraJordanary campaign, which was designed to reinvigorate tourism to Jordan and increase visitor figures in the face of significant adversity. After years of the region making the news headlines following the Arab Spring and as a result, seeing a decline in arrivals, Brighter Group’s all-encompassing campaign made a significant difference in just two years. In 2016, the arrivals were up 6% and even more impressively, in 2017, UK arrivals were up 30%. Debbie Flynn, Managing Partner of The Brighter Group, A Finn Partners Company commented: “The work we do every day for our clients makes me very proud to be at the helm of The Brighter Group. We have represented Jordan for 18 years and to be recognised for our innovative and steadfast work feels very special. The destination keeps being ExtraJordanary and this year we’re excited to launch easyJet flights to Aqaba so already plan to enter that campaign for next year.”
- As the tourism marketing agency for MAMMA MIA! made were asked to create a specific range of opportunities for the London production as it entered its eighteenth and nineteenth year, made created a series of marketing events and opportunities that focused not only on attracting audiences from key markets, but also developing new ones. With the production making approximately £15 million in two years, 65% of that was generated through made’s proactive and strategic tourism marketing activity. Jonathan Mounford, Director, made tourism marketing commented: “We are absolutely delighted to have been nominated for this award. From our humble beginnings made has grown over eight years to be one of the leading tourism marketing agencies in the UK, made is solely dedicated to tourism marketing to both consumers and the travel trade. We are so looking forward to this year’s ITTA ceremony and congratulate all of the other nominees.”
- Beyond A Journey campaign for Ras Al Khaimah by PR MEDIACO consisted of an integrated sales and PR campaign, showcasing Ras Al Khaimah as the UAE’s authentic emirate. The campaign resulted in a 35% rise in tourism arrivals, along with media coverage in some of the world’ leading media outlets – CNN, BBC World, BBC TV, BBC Radio, CNBC, Sunday Times and Conde Nast Traveller. Sofia Panayiotaki, Director, PR MEDIACO commented: “PR MEDIACO is delighted to be shortlisted for the International Travel & Tourism Awards. All destinations have similar ingredients; it’s about how you piece them together to build amazing stories. We are thankful to be recognised and look forward to celebrating with the industry’s best at the Awards in November.
- AM+A Marketing and Media Relations worked hard with the Slovenia Tourism Board to help develop global recognition for Slovenia’s officially UN backed World Bee Day. The day aimed to raise awareness for the environment and the importance of sustainable approaches to tourism. In doing so the campaign reached over a billion people through the world’s leading global media and travel trade press. Frank Marr, Co-Founder and Marketing Director, AM+A Marketing and Media Relations commented: “It’s a great honour to be recognised by some of the tourism industry’s leading figures at one of the greatest travel fairs in the world.“Our mission has been to provide our clients with cutting-edge, creative campaigns that are well integrated online marketing and PR. We’re passionate about encouraging positive behavioural change, so when we get to work on campaigns such as Slovenia’s World Bee Day we like to go beyond the call of duty to generate the best results.”
- Inova Hospitality Management take the unique ‘Inova Approach’ by giving independent luxury resort hotels the commercial benefits of experience, innovative solutions and market penetration without the resorts losing their independence. Representing 20 hotels, Inova’s total turnover across the portfolio increased by more than 11 million euros in the last two years. Andreas Birner, CEO, Inova Hospitality Management said: “At Inova we are delighted to be considered in the International Travel & Tourism Awards and to see our marketing model recognised for the unique approach it offers independent luxury hotels to build their markets and revenue, yet retain their independence.”
The awards were co-chaired by Marcelo Risi, UNWTO Chief of Communications, and Nick Pilbeam, Reed Travel Exhibitions Director. Expert judges were drawn from top industry organisations including London & Partners, Euromonitor International, public relations body PRCA, Global Wellness Institute, Association of Southern African Travel Agents, and LGBT consultancy Out Now.
Nick Pilbeam, Divisional Director, Reed Travel Exhibitions said: “This was a great opportunity for the marketing agencies to show their stuff and they have absolutely blown us away with some fantastic material, fantastic campaigns and we’ve been very happy to see is the use of data, some very sophisticated segmentation but also some tangible results coming out. As well as some very impressive results on the impact that the campaigns are having on the industry.
To book your table at the International Travel & Tourism Awards, please visit https://awards.wtm.com/