2021 Responsible Tourism Award Winners
There were many really strong applications this year, and some very exciting ones to watch. India has done exceptionally well this year, four out of the six Global Awards.
Next year we shall be looking back on 20 years of Responsible Tourism, at the tried and tested solutions that have emerged and which should be replicated to benefit businesses and communities; and to make tourism better.
The WTM Platform for Change exists to share practical solutions, solutions that work for destinations and businesses, solutions that make better places for people to live in and better places for people to visit – in that order.
The 2022 Awards will open for nominations and entries on December 1st. Unusually there will be ten categories in 2022
- Decarbonising Travel & Tourism,
- Sustaining Employees and Communities through the Pandemic,
- Destinations Building Back Better Post-COVID,
- Increasing Diversity in Tourism: How inclusive is our industry?
- Reducing Plastic Waste in the Environment
- Growing the Local Economic Benefit
- Access for the differently-abled as travellers, employees and holidaymakers.
- Increasing tourism’s contribution to natural heritage and biodiversity
- Conserving water and improving water security and supply for neighbours
- Contributing to cultural heritage
If you know of businesses and destinations doing good work and taking responsibility, please nominate them and encourage them to apply. The Judges can only select from amongst those that apply.