- The Latin American country is a world leader of music since it has more than 1000 rhythms grouped in more than 150 genres. It´s new tourism campaign presents a sample of the musical diversity of Colombia.
- UNTWO, ProColombia and Sound Diplomacy introduces a white paper with reflections and key studies from all over the world, on how music is a tool to enhance the destinations. The document will be launch on November 6th at the Panel: Music is the New Gastronomy, at the Americas Inspiration Zone.
- The musician Gregorio Uribe will demonstrate some of the traditional instruments and rhythms at the stand from Monday to Wednesday.
London, 2nd of November 2018. Colombia is the land of a thousand rhythms, such as cumbia, vallenato, salsa and champeta. This year, ProColombia arrives at WTM with it`s new international campaign, a tribute to the musical diversity of Colombia and a window for the international traveller to discover and enjoy the destination.
The delegation of Colombia in WTM is headed by the Vice Minister of Tourism of Colombia, Juan Pablo Franky and the Vice President of Tourism of ProColombia, Julián Guerrero.
At the stand, Colombia will display all its tourism offer, hand in hand with 21 companies amongst DMC`S, hoteliers and representatives from Valle del Cauca, Medellín and Cartagena de Indias.
The musical journey
The Colombia´s stand is a music box where the visitors can experience the different rhythms and traditions of the country trough musical activations:
- Live Stage: Colombian musician Gregorio Uribe will explain and offer demonstration of the typical instruments of several regions.
- Tasty beat: Music will colour Colombian landscapes. As the attendees play an instrument, the frequency of each sound will transform the black and white images into colourful tones.
- Coffe bar: Enjoy a cup of Colombian Coffee every day at LA400
Tuesday, Nov 6th
12:00 – 01:00 p.m.
Press Conference Theatre – International Media Centre – ME580
Tuesday, Nov 6th
02:15 – 03:15 p.m.
Americas Inspiration Zone – LA360