In its fourth edition in 2024, the WTM Latin America Responsible Tourism Award has just had its registrations extended until February 14th. The award includes the following categories:
- Best initiatives for biodiversity conservation
- Best initiatives to promote diversity, equity and inclusion in tourism
- Best initiatives to promote socio-economic impact and peacebuilding through tourism
- Best networking initiatives to promote responsible tourism in destinations
- Best initiatives for Indigenous and/or Traditional Communities tourism
- Best initiatives for climate change mitigation
Each of them gets approval from specialist entities from different countries in Latin America: Acotur – Asociación Colombiana de Turismo Responsable; Adventure Travel Trade Association; Fundación Panameña Turismo Sostenible; Instituto Vivejar; La Mano del Mono; e Winta – World Indigenous Tourism Alliance.
Registrations can be made through the website and the award ceremony is scheduled for April 16th during the WTM Latin America 2024 event, taking place from April 15th to 17th at the Expo Center Norte in São Paulo.